5 Chili Peppers Recipes to spice up your Cooking - Part II - Homemade Sweet & Spicy Pepper Relish
It's time to harvest your fresh Chili peppers! Your garden is packed with colored ready to be picked peppers and your basket is filling up to the rim. It'll be a shame to waste some some of them and there are some great ways for preserving your hot chili peppers. Some ways to keep your chili's through the cold winter are pickling them, freezing or drying them. Another great way to preserve them is to incorporate them into relish.
This sweet pepper relish recipe is tangy and flavorful, perfect as a sweet & spicy condiment and great for keeping your hard earned harvest. You can use it as an addition to your cooking dish, or just as a spread in your sandwich.
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 30 mins
Additional: 25 mins Total: 40 mins
American Cuisine , Main Course
- 3 cups chopped chili peppers
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoons ground yellow mustard powder
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large pan and heat to medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a light boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer about 25-30 minutes, or until liquid is reduced and absorbed into the mixture.
- Add to a jar and allow to cool.
Stay tuned for more recipes!